Construction site preparation, commercial and industrial site remediation projects, hazardous material removal, and building renovation projects all take an enormous amount of preparation time and effort. The wide range of jobs and activities necessary for projects like these include:
- Permit applications and filings
- Environmental impact statement preparation
- Hazardous material inspection, analysis, and report
- Site work checklist preparation
- Safety equipment inspection
- General site inspection
Some property owners prefer to do as much of this preparatory work as possible themselves for a variety of reasons. If you prefer to do some of the work yourself – or simply want to be better informed about it – here are several online resources that can provide valuable information:
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Asbestos in Buildings
- Construction Materials Recycling Association (CMRA)
- Pipeline and Hazardous Material Safety Administration (PHMSA)
- Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA)
Demo Realty Inc. is often contracted to handle high profile construction projects including site development and remediation projects throughout New England. Below are links to the full stories of two recent projects:
“Revitalizing A Neighborhood” – Boston Globe, September 12, 2008
We were the demolition/asbestos removal contractor for this 350,000 sq. ft. paper mill demolition project.
“Painstaking Demolition Paves Way for Hotel” – Standard Times, September 8, 2008
We were the demolition contractor for this tricky building demolition project next to the JFK Memorial Highway and a historic building in New Bedford, Mass.
See some of our construction projects.
For more information about our services and resources, email us, or call 800-627-6302.